On the way to becoming a leading producer of textile baby products
Karl Zehnder and René Leib found the company ZEWI AG in Zug, Switzerland.Their aim: to bring disposable nappies to market
- ZEWI soon increases its product range, from clothing and bibs to fashionable collections.
- In 1970, the company acquires the licence for a patent for the ZEWI-FIX blanket. The baby range is continually expanded and ZEWI becomes the leading producer of textile baby products in Switzerland.
- René Leib dies in August 1985 after serious illness and Peter Leib takes over, running the company in the second generation.
- In 1987, ZEWI purchases the company Atelier 49 AG Spreitenbach, owner of the well-known brand bébé-jou. The product range now comprises ZEWI’s textiles as well as bébé-jou’s popular „plastic series“ and other bébé-jou collections.
- The two companies merge in the Swiss town of Spreitenbach in 1989, forming the ZEWI und BÉBÉ-JOU AG.
- ZEWI bébé-jou moves into a new building in the Knonauerstrasse 58 in Cham in 2002.
- Today the third generation of the founding family is already active in the company.